Wednesday, August 3, 2011

National Chocolate Chip Day

By Diane Forrest


Today is National Chocolate Chip Day.  For those of you who visit here regularly, you know that I have a mild fondness for Chocolate!  So it won't come as a big surprise to you that this is another favorite day for me.  However, my heart is saddened by one of my family members.  She has a rare affliction that affects her taste buds.  She doesn't like milk chocolate!  I can't understand it, but she does like white chocolate.  So, in honor of her and Chocolate Chip Day, I decided to try something different.  White chocolate macadamia nut cookies.  I have never made these before, but from all accounts they turned out pretty good.  But, so I didn't confuse my oven, I made a batch of milk chocolate chip cookies as well!

Here is the recipe I used for the White chocolate macadamia nut cookies.

Ingredients
2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
3 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.  Add vanilla and eggs one at a time.  Beat well.  Add baking soda and salt to flour, and slowly blend in.  Stir in Chocolate and nuts.  Drop by teaspoon unto ungreased cookie sheets, bake 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool.

No matter what your favorite chocolate is, Celebrate today with some chocolate chip cookies, or chocolate chip ice cream or chocolate chip cake.  You don't have to make your own.  you can drop by your favorite grocery store and pick up some already made, or get the slice and bake kind.  The most important thing is...Have some Chocolate Chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...