Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Be Late for Something Day - 09/05/11

"I'm Late, I'm Late
for a very important date!
No time to say Hello
Goodbye
I'm Late, I'm Late, I'm Late!"

----The White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland

By Diane Forrest, 
(and posted late by Terry)

 In the past, this would be a hard task for me.  I am notoriously early.  I guess I got that trait from my father.  He always told me to always be early, it would make a better impression on others.  I always thought that being late was a sign of disrespect, sending out the message that you didn't want to be there.

However once my husband became disabled we were constantly late.  Not intentionally, of course, however things happen at the last possible minute.  Some of you with children also understand this concept.  You are heading out the door and all of a sudden the baby spits up on you, the kids fall in a mud hole, a million things can happen.

My husband would always experience wardrobe malfunctions when we would be ready to leave the house. 

These setbacks would always cause me stress, as I hated being late for anything. No matter how early we would start to prepare to leave, things would just happen that were beyond our control.  Being late happens to everyone.  The alarm doesn't go off, the car won't start, suddenly get sick or lose a button on your shirt.

Today is a day to be stress free!  Go ahead, be late for something.  Chill out, go with the flow, Relax!  But, whatever you do...don't be late for Supper!


Here are 12 of the most outrageous excuses employees have heard for being late to work:

  1. My heat was shut off so I had to stay home to keep my snake warm.
  2. My husband thinks it's funny to hide my car keys before he goes to work.
  3. I walked into a spider web on the way out the door and couldn't find the spider, so I had to go inside and shower again.
  4. I got locked in my trunk by my son.
  5. My left turn signal was out so I had to make all right turns to get to work.
  6. A gurney fell out of an ambulance and delayed traffic.
  7. I was attacked by a raccoon and had to stop by the hospital to make sure it wasn't rabid.
  8. I feel like I'm in everyone's way if I show up on time.
  9. My father didn't wake me up.
  10. A groundhog bit my bike tire and made it flat.
  11. My driveway washed away in the rain last night.
  12. I had to go to bingo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...