Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bavarian Cream Pie Day

(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest,

My Uncle Jack is a really great guy.  Well I call him my uncle, but he isn't related, I have just known him since I was born.  When he comes for a visit I always make him Chocolate Éclairs because he makes such a fuss over them, and never shares them with anyone.  Most recipes call for a whipped cream filling, but I prefer the Bavarian cream filling in mine.  Bavarian cream is a cross between pudding and mousse.  True Bavarian creams first appeared in the U.S. in Boston Cooking School cookbooks, by Mrs. D.A. Lincoln, 1884.  Until today I thought Bavarian cream only came in vanilla, however, after doing so research, I learned that it can be any flavor you like.  Not only that, but fruits can also be added to the mix.   Below is a recipe for a quick Bavarian Cream.

(Google Image) 

Today is Bavarian Cream Pie day.  Why not try this recipe, or one of your own, and try this instead of leftover pumpkin or pecan pie.

Bavarian Cream

Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pudding mix
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 12 ounces Cool whip, thawed


Directions:
  1. Mix together cream cheese and dry pudding mix.
  2. Slow beat in milk.
  3. Fold in Cool Whip.
(Google Image) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...