Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bubble Bath Day


(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest,

When I was young I always loved going to my grandmother's house.  I could always get away with almost anything, and I was able to take bubble baths.  I don't know why I never could take them at home, I guess my mom was too busy to clean up after it, or just ready for me to get in the bed.  Because I was only able to take them every now and then, they were special treats.

When my husband and I were looking for our first home his only requirement was a large tub with a Jacuzzi so that he would be able to stretch out in it and soak the day away.  The house we bought had a very small tub in it, but we were able to have a whole new bathroom added on and the first thing he picked out was his tub.

Today is Bubble Bath Day, and there is almost nothing more relaxing than to lay back in a tub full of bubbles and soak, sip on some wine, listen to music and burn some scented candles.  Just sitting here writing about it makes me want to jump in the tub right now.  Bubble baths are also fun for kids.  They allow them to play, sink battle ships, make a beard out of bubbles and float rubber ducks.  One helpful tip is to leave the Jacuzzi off when taking a bubble bath.  Speaking as someone with experience, the force of the water will cause the bubbles to reproduce and reach the ceiling if not stopped.

(Google Image) 

A new trend this year is to make your own bubble bath and give as gifts for occasions such as bridesmaid gifts, birthday gifts or hostess gifts.  Below is a recipe for you to try.  Just package in a cute plastic jar and wrap with ribbons.

So today, on bubble bath day, kick back in a soapy tub and wash all your cares away.

(Google Image) 

Raspberry/Vanilla Bubble Bath
  • 8 oz. unscented liquid soap
  • 2 oz. distilled water
  • 8 drops vanilla fragrance oil
  • 6 drops raspberry fragrance oil
  • 2 drops red food coloring


Mix all and pour into a container.

For more recipes click here:  http://www.idea-queen.com/bubble-bath-recipes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...