Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dress Your Pet Day


(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest,

I never played with dolls when I was growing up, so I never even thought about dressing up my dogs.   In fact I never knew clothes for animals existed until a few years ago.  I love the movie Legally Blonde with Reese Witherspoon.  In the movie she has a little Chihuahua that she dresses in several outfit’s to match her own.  Then I began seeing where other stars had small dogs that they would dress.  Brittney Spears and Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton to name a few.
(Google Image) 
I have seen many pictures of dogs dressed in Halloween costumes, but not too many dress every day.  I wonder what these pets think about that.  They already have a fur coat on, well most of them.  There was another movie, Beverly Hills Chihuahua that featured several animals wearing various outfits.  In fact, the story line is the little dog got lost, and was found through the help of her lost clothing.  There was even a dog in a bowtie at the Golden Globes last Sunday.
(Google Image) 
I have only had one occasion to dress my own dog.  Here in the South it is usually quite warm.  Last December I took my dog, Snoopy, to get his hair cut.  Well wouldn’t you know it the temperature dropped so low he started to shiver.  Luckily it was Christmas time, and the store had cute little dog sweaters.  I found a cute plaid one for him and put it on.  He never complained or tried to remove it, so I guess he liked having it on to keep him warm.
(Google Image) 
Today is dress your pet day.  If you have a cute little outfit for your pet, why not spruce him/her up.  If you don't have any little doggie clothes, you can always tie a little bandana around its neck like snoopy is modeling for you here.
(Google Image) 
Just remember when choosing clothes for your pet, make sure they fit well, do not restrict movement, and that it will not choke.

I totally agree!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Keeping it Simple,

    I have a quick question about your site; please email me back as soon as possible! (CameronVSJ@gmail.com)

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...