Monday, January 9, 2012

Write a letter?


(Google Image) 

By Akindman,

National Letter Writing Week occurs the second week of January every year. This year, pick up your pen or pencil and drop an old friend a line. Due to the prevalence of cell phones and e-mail, handwritten letters, or "snail mail," have become old-fashioned and passé. But the personal touch that comes with a handwritten message cannot be replaced by any other communication method. Finding a letter or postcard.

(Google Image) 

Several years ago, there was a company that tailored software fonts to your individual handwriting – one of these days when the mood strikes again, believe I will find a someone like that once again.  I can remember writing long hand, with nice pen and then make a spelling error about two-thirds the way through what I was writing.  As one my guess – I have done most of my letter writing via a computer for the past several years.  It is also much easier to read than my penmanship.

(Google Image) 

Diane and I were chatting about this while writing this article and she mentioned about the cost of stationery and postage these days as another factor for not using snail-mail these days.  Most of my family and friends have email addresses and are active in one of the top social networking sites.  Both are great ways of communicating to the entire family in near real-time.
(Google Image) 

Hand writing is becoming a lost art and we should really try and write letters, postcards or notes more often – especially loved ones.  So, move your keyboard aside and jot a note to someone special today in celebration of National Letter Writing Week!

(Google Image) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...