Friday, March 23, 2012

National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day



(Google Image) 
By Diane Forrest

Goobers, Raisinets
Chocolate Covered Treats
Raisinets and Goobers
Mighty fun to eat!

I remember going to the picture show when I was young, as soon as you walk in the door you see this long candy counter with all kinds of delicious candy.  I would be mesmerized by it all, but alas, I was never able to buy it.  It was expensive even back then.  Then I began to see the huge boxes of Movie candy at the drug store!  The price was right too.  1 huge box for only a dollar!  Well, I had to get some chocolate covered raisins and microwave popcorn, and a good comedy to watch at home.  Can there be any better way to spend a night at home?
(Google Image)  
When I am watching a movie, I like to mix the salty and sweet.  I like a hand full of buttery salted popcorn and then a few chocolate covered raisins behind it.  Chocolate covered raisins, or Raisinets as the brand from Nestlé’s is called is my idea of one of my daily requirements of fruit.  They have been around since 1927 when they were introduced by the Blumenthal Chocolate Company.  In 1984 they were purchased by Nestles, and the rest, is history.  Raisinets are produced by other companies, and all around the world.  In fact, they are the third largest selling candy in the United States.

(Google Image)  
Today is National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day.  If you can't get to the movies today, stop by the store and pick up some, and pop in a movie.

(Google Image)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...