Thursday, August 9, 2012

National S'more's Day - Yum

(Google Image) 

By Chef Diane

When I was younger, I was in the Brownie Scouts.  It’s a younger version of the girl scouts.   While we did have alot of fun and made crafts and sang songs, we never had a camp out.  My mother was our troop leader that year, but there was no one who could lead the troop the next year for Girl Scouts.  So, I was never able to go on a campout where one of the favorite treats happens to be S'mores.  I have heard about these heavenly creations, but never had the opportunity to try one until last year.
(Google Image) 
The recipe is a staple for summer outings, and they are very easy to make. And they are quite delicious. All you need is some jumbo marshmallows, Hershey’s plain chocolate bars, and some graham crackers.

You prepare them by breaking the graham cracker into 2 halves, and then cover the halves with half of the chocolate bar.  Then take a marshmallow and place it on a skewer, and hold it over a flame until it becomes toasted.  Then carefully slide the marshmallow over to the chocolate, and cover with the other half of the cracker.  Smush it down, the heat from the marshmallow will melt the chocolate bar and turn it into yummy goodness.  Eat and enjoy.
(Google Image) 
You don't need a campfire to enjoy these treats.  You can also combine the sandwich, and heat the entire cookie in your microwave, or simply use a candle to toast the marshmallow.  I have a gas stove, so I warmed mine over the flame from the stove.

Today is National S'more's day.  It’s a great day to enjoy this tasty treat, and share some fun with your family and friends.

(Google Image) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...