Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween


(Google Image) 
By Diane Forrest

(Google Image) 
Today is Halloween, or All Hallow's Eve as it is referred to in other parts of the world.  Tonight is the night when kids dress up in costumes and go door to door shouting out trick or treat?  This was one of my husband's favorite holidays.  He loved sitting at the door with his dog Snoopy by his side handing out candy to all who came.  If they were extra cute, he would always give them more candy.  In fact every year we would run out of candy, and I would run get some more, only to come back home and get no more children.  But luckily, the candy never went to waste!  When my husband became bedridden, I would open the door so he had a direct site to the front door, and was able to see the kids in their costume.  In fact, the last picture I took of him was on Halloween, wearing his devil horns.  He passed away 10 days later.





Halloween is celebrated with haunted houses, church festivals, family parties with apple bobbing  popcorn balls and candy apples. It is also a night of mischief and many "tricks" are played.  This year appears to be a messy night with the bad weather in the Eastern parts of the country.  Hurricane Sandy is already providing the Tricks.  Check back to the article on Halloween safety, and be sure to stay warm and dry tonight.


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...