Sunday, October 28, 2012

National Chocolate Day


(Google Image) 
By Diane Forrest

It's been a while since we talked about chocolate; however...let me reassure you it has never been far from my mind.  As most of you know, I love chocolate!  I keep a supply at hand at all times.  If I should happen to run out, my boss will certainly notice!  He must have a sixth sense bout that, or it could be my change from Dr. Jeckle to Mr. Hyde??

Oh Yum!
Recently I made my mother some chocolate éclairs for her birthday, and had some chocolate cake at a wedding anniversary reception.  Then I went to purchase some Halloween candy that was on sale.  I waited 5 days before sneaking a piece out.  Then after I opened the 100 piece bag, I decided just a few little pieces a day couldn't possibly hurt.  Then a friend of mine sent me the above picture of the cupcake she got for her granddaughter.  I could feel the chocolate demons starting to rise.

(Google Image) 
Today is National Chocolate Day.  This means you can feed your chocolate demons with no guilty feelings at all.  With Halloween around the corner, there are bags and bags of candy on sale, or you could stop for a chocolate milk shake or piece of pie.  This is one occasion you sure don't want to miss, so enjoy your chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...