Monday, November 19, 2012

Enjoying Peanut Butter Fudge


(Google Image) 
By Chef Diane

Last week we told you that November is Peanut Butter Lover's Month.  Well today is specifically for Peanut Butter Fudge.  I have lived a sheltered life.  I never had peanut butter fudge until I met my husband.  Before that the only fudge I ever had was my grandmother's famous Christmas fudge that was the best thing I ever tasted.

We have a gift shop in town that makes all type of flavors of fudge, and when my husband and I were looking around one day, he spied all the different types, and chose the peanut butter flavor.  We purchased a block of it, and he shared it with me.  It was very creamy and peanut.
(Google Image) 
I have never made this type of fudge; I prefer to just buy it one piece at a time.  But for those of you who like to cook, I found this recipe for you on allrecipes.com.

PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
Original recipe makes 1 - 8x8 inch pan
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar


Directions
  1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
  2. Stir in brown sugar and milk.
  3. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
  4. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
  5. Pour over confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl.
  6. Beat until smooth; pour into an 8x8 inch dish.
  7. Chill until firm and cut into squares.


(Google Image) 
This recipe is fast and easy to make, no candy thermometer required, and great for sharing around the holiday.  However, if you want to make the kind of fudge I eat, then visit this site - they ship anywhere!: http://www.darbysfudge.com/fudgeshop.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...