Monday, March 18, 2013

Those Awkward Moments ...


By Diane Forrest
Well luckily as I was preparing for this article...I experienced an awkward moment just to share with you all!!  Yesterday, a friend of my fathers, recent co-worker at the power company, came to my home to check the wiring they had repaired a few months ago.  He asked that I show him exactly where the repair work was done, so I walked to the spot in my back yard, I tripped over a pathway stone.  I fell right down...and he asks.."Did you fall?"  Of course I said no. I didn't get hurt, but was more embarrassed, and its hard to retain your "cool"  after you do something like that.


My husband, always the southern gentleman would always as the question "how's your mama?"  One man, who would wait on us at a favorite restaurant informed him that his mother was ill, so he particularly made a habit of asking him that question.  One day his mother passed away, but my husband must have forgotten, because he continued to ask how she was every time we went back to the restaurant.  Im sure it was very awkward for him, and it was for me too, but my husband just apologized and went about ordering his food.  


When I went to the mall the other day, this man must have felt the same way, as I stopped by his counter to catch up with him, he asked how My husband was!  I had to remind him too that he had passed away.


Awkward moments happen to all of us at some time or another.  Today is Awkward Moments Day.  Wouldn't it be nice if they only happened on this one day?  Here are some other awkward moments experienced by others, if you have any moments too, please share them in the comment section below:

  • “The awkward moment when you wave back at someone who wasn’t waving at you!”
  • “The awkward moment when you go to pay for something and your card is declined for the 3rd time and you have no money in your wallet”
  • “The awkward moment when someone catches you chewing on the pen you borrowed from them”
  • “The awkward moment when you’re in class and your teacher asks a question you think you know the answer to so you shout it out in confidence only to have the entire class laughing at you -_-”
  • “The awkward moment when you’re standing next to your crush when one of your friends says “you two should go out”
  • That awkward moment when you are driving the wrong way on a one way street.
  • The awkward moment when you are jamming out to a song in your car at a stop light, and then realize someone sees you in the next car over.
  • “The awkward moment when you ask someone when the baby is due, but turns out the person isn't pregnant.”
  • “Awkward moment when you are singing then you realize that someone else is in the room :)”

(All Images from Google) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...