Sunday, June 30, 2013

GROWING OLD



By Diane Forrest





You're only as old as you feel, and 50 is the new 30. We have all heard these sayings, but I must say I agree. I recently celebrated a milestone birthday, and I still feel (and sometimes act) like a kid. I have been blessed with great genes from my family, and with beauty salons and skin care items, gray hair and wrinkles are not a problem yet! I believe that staying active is key for remaining young. When my father retired from his job he began planning a year before. He built an office at his home, and continues his routine of getting up every morning at 5:30 heading to his office, reading the paper and having his coffee. He believes that keeping his body in the motions that it's accustomed to will keep him in shape. His sister on the other hand stays up late, sleeps late and lounges around all day. I guess that works for her.
How are you handling the advancing years?

What works for you?

Let us know in the comment section below.

1 comment:

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...